Date:      Sun, 3 Jul 2005 06:10:49 -0400
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@haven.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ancient FreeBSD releases online

On Sun, Jul 03, 2005 at 11:05:32AM +0200, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> The server is a Soekris NET4801 and it's primary task is my
> email, so if this gets abused it'll disappear again.
>
> Mirrors welcome.

We'll add the ones we didn't already have to the primary old release
archive site.  As many of the old release bits as we could find have
been put at ftp://ftp-archive.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD-Archive/old-releases/
which includes the full-blown FTP install tree and package set for
quite a few of the older releases.  There is a sub-directory for each
of the architectures with the FTP trees we could find, and each architecture
has an ISO-IMAGES sub-directory with the ISO images we could find.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu