Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 1995 12:30:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Howard Lew <hlew@genome.Stanford.EDU>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: latest boot.flp

On Mon, 5 Jun 1995, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> > > 1) I select NONE for bootcode, it still overwrites the OS/2 bootmanager
> > > boot code.
> > >

> > I had a similar problem here when the 2.05A install did a clean wipe of the
> > On Track Disk Manager DOS bootcode for a wd0 even though I was installing on
> > wd1.
>
> This is bad.
>
> Did it see the On Track at all ?  (either boot -v, or look for offset -63
> in the partition screen).

Yes, at boot up it did see the On Track DM (a very quick message).

I think in the SNAPs, the boot code used to place itself first, and
retain the rest of the boot sequence.  But this time it didn't.

Is there any chance we will have the option to copy an image of the original
bootcode to a floppy and have the opportunity to undo the boot stuff if
our DOS partition becomes unbootable after installing the boot manager?