Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2011 07:32:40 -0800
From:      Gavin Spomer <spomerg@cwu.EDU>
To:        freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ProLiant DL380 (G7) Panics on boot of FreeBSD 7.3

Hi Doug,=20

Do you have your ILO2's setup? If so, does it indicate any kind of =
hardware failures?=20

Last November, one of my new DL380 G6's started having kernel panics. I =
applied the latest BIOS updates, but was still having the problem. Once I =
had our campus network engineers setup the DNS for the ILO2, I was able to =
see that there was a failing array controller. From what *little* I know, =
FreeBSD kernel panics often indicate a hardware problem of some sort.=20

I don't know how helpful this is, but I thought I'd try.

Gavin Spomer
Systems Programmer
Brooks Library
Central Washington University

>>> Doug Cooper <dmc@statseeker.com> 2/9/2011 2:56 PM >>>
Hello
On a new HP Proliant DL380 G7 booting FreeBSD 7.3 from CD panics.

I have tried many of the suggestions available on the internet. Local USB =
CD
on different CD ports.

Upgraded all the relevant BIOS.

Installed a different OS (if that means anything)

I know the DL360 G7 boots and loads FreeBSD 7.3 OK.

I see there is one PR in about this but no follow up. I am not sure if I =
can
get the stack trace suggested in the PR.  PR misc/152604

Is anybody running the DL380 G7 with FreeBSD 7.3?

Or know any BIOS setting that could be the cause.

thanks