Date:      Sun, 17 Jan 2016 06:42:17 -0800
From:      Mark Millard <markmi@dsl-only.net>
To:        FreeBSD PowerPC ML <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Toolchain <freebsd-toolchain@freebsd.org>
Subject:   clang -msoft-float for powerpc (ppc32) is very new; powerpc64 (ppc64) does not have it yet

When -msoft-float was added for ppc32 (powerpc) the error message for it =
not being supported for ppc64 was added.

Strahinja Petrovic added the support and the review materials had =
exchanges about ppc64, such as ( http://reviews.llvm.org/D13351 ):

> Remove this FIXME. It is not clear this will ever be supported (is =
there actually ppc64 hardware without an FP unit)?

> I'm planning to support soft float for ppc64. At this moment I don't =
know name of ppc64 hardware without FP unit. I know that gcc supports =
soft float for ppc64.

The review was closed 2015-Dec-15. The commit for powerpc (non-64) ( =
http://reviews.llvm.org/rL255515 ) was on 2015-Dec-14.

=3D=3D=3D
Mark Millard
markmi at dsl-only.net