Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2000 11:44:16 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        ken@kdm.org
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, mjacob@feral.com
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Panic in xpt_setup_ccb (cam_xpt.c)

On  2 Aug, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:

> If you can get dmesg output from before when the panic happens, that would
> be helpful.  If the device has gone away for some reason, you'll see "lost
> device" and "removing device entry" printed on the screen.

No such message in /var/log/messages, but I have other SCSI-related
messages there.

> I'm not sure how the device could have gone away, though, since we don't
> make the device go away automatically anymore.  It used to be that if we
> got selection timeouts, the device would be automatically removed.

Please see my answer to Nick's mail (sorry, I had a typo in
"scsi@freebsd.org", so it's only in -current and not in -scsi), it lists
some SCSI-related messages from /var/log/messages.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
                Where do you think you're going today?

  GPG fingerprint = 7423 F3E6 3A7E B334 A9CC  B10A 1F5F 130A A638 6E7E