Date:      Sun, 27 May 2001 13:52:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: broken loader?

> Did we ever resolve the memory issue in boot1/loader?  ie: the one where we
> only have 256k for the boot1+stack+loader workspace to live in?  I wonder if

This was fixed by Doug last October. The function extend_heap is called
by boot1 as part of early startup. This gives one 512KB of heap.

However, the stack is still 12KB for the loader- which probably isn't enough.
I fooled around with trying to put the stack at the end of the heap some
months back, but with no success.

-matt