Date:      Tue, 1 Apr 1997 17:12:29 -0700 (MST)
From:      Don Yuniskis <dgy@rtd.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: Code maintenance

It seems that J Wunsch said:
> As Terry Lambert wrote:
>
> > > Then adding the code into the tree is a 'bad thing', since it becomes
> > > unsupported.  If no-one is willing to incorporate/support the code, then
> > > it shouldn't be incorporated.
> >
> > Better that it be lost forever?
>
> Yes, see the ft(4) and aic(4) drivers for two good examples.  Both
> sorely lack a maintainer, and nobody seems to be interested in doing
> this job.

I had acquired all the docs to start on the ft driver coincident with
my rewrite of my mt driver.  However, I've still been unable to find
an "unencumbered" source of information re: Pertec interfaces so have
not invested any time in the mt driver, either  :-(  (since I suspect
there are somewhat fewer than 0 folks interested in mt!  :>)  If I
manage to find a good information source, I'll do my best to rewrite
mine in a "compatible" way...

> p.s.: Please, avoid Cc'ing me in every followup.  One message for the
> mailing list is enough.

Consider it... Done!  :>

--don