Date:      Sat, 2 Mar 2019 00:38:49 +0100
From:      Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
To:        Lee Damon <nomad@castle.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: more fun, upgrading from 10.3-STABLE 10.4-RELENG to 11.2-RELENG - kernel panic

Lee Damon wrote on 2019/03/02 00:06:

> Darn it. I get the same kernel panic with that one.
>
> I'm compiling locally but I don't expect that to make any difference.
> I'll need to go pawing through the release notes and see if there are
> any references to deprecated hardware that might be involved.
>
> I'm attaching a copy of dmesg output from a successful boot into
> 10.4-STABLE. The kernel panic appears to happen around 15% of the way
> into the output, around

I am running 11.2 on SunFire X2100 M2 but according to your dmesg it
uses different chips. X2100 M2 has nVidia nForce MCP55 chipset for ATA
devices, nfe for 2 NICs and Broadcom bge for the other 2 NIC's.

Did you tried to boot "safe mode"? (selectable in boot menu).
Or you can try to disable / enable some settings in the BIOS. Something
related to USB or onboard VGA etc. may help.

Miroslav Lachman