Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 1997 10:32:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Stefan Molnar <stefan@exis.net>
To:        Andrew <andrew@ugh.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Terminal Servers? (which one)

> Someone told me Pormasters had a habit of spontaneous reboots. Anyone else
> heard this?

Well for the best bet, a portmaster 3 works if you want dialup idsn
and normal analog modem connection.  Our PM2e and PM3 have not done
a spontanwous boot ever.  The problem with using a PM2 is that there
is alot of wireing for the 30 modems and the power supies.

If the 56k suff is a consern for you, then you will need something
that needs a pri, and the type of term servers take alot of cash.

Stefan

Stefan Molnar                  Team Exis.Net
stefan@exis.net                   Member EFF
Slightly Silly                     Team OS/2
east-coast-ambassador@soda.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
"She turned me into a Newt!  A Newt?
I got better."     -Monty Python