Date:      Wed, 07 Apr 1999 09:14:39 -0700
From:      greg strockbine <gstrock@dpc.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   TCP/IP stack - win98 vs FreeBSD

I don't know if its my imagination or what,
but it seems to me that pages appear a lot
faster in netscape running under FreeBSD than
under win98 (I made sure pages weren't cached).

Some one told me this is because the win98 TCP/IP
stack is slow.  Is this so?

of course it doesn't hurt to have a DSL connection.
I am so happy with it, paying $50/month instead
of $20 isn't even an issue any more, the speed is
worth it.

This is my first experience running any Unix on my home
pc.  For a developer its pretty nice, very easy to
install one of the ported apps.  But for an ordinary
end user its not turnkey enough.

- greg strockbine