Date:      28 Sep 2001 13:10:20 -0500
From:      "gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman)" <glandix@lloydix.2y.net>
To:        Zach Hartley <zhartley@linus.highpoint.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Feature-rich GUI mail client

On 28 Sep 2001 00:03:46 -0400, Zach Hartley wrote:

> Kmail doesn't cut it? I'm honestly interested in what it doesn't have,
> other than auto-complete. In all my gui mail client wranglings, kmail seems
> to be the best you'll ever do, though some people talk about evolution
> being good, I myself could never get it to compile correctly. Good luck.

one of the features that I have been waiting for in KMail is better
updating of the number of unread e-mails on an IMAP server...  you can't
just let KMail check for you, because it never updates the message count
(until you click on the folder)...  Evolution works better (but not
perfect)...  that way, i can see how many unread e-mails are in every
folder w/o having to visit every folder...

but i assume it will come in time, so for now i go back & forth b/n
evolution and kmail...