Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 2002 23:04:52 +0000
From:      Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
To:        W Alexander Hagen <aligzanduh@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Freebsd REL_ENG 4.3 p28 freezes every 30 minutes.

--c3bfwLpm8qysLVxt

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 02:53:13PM -0800, W Alexander Hagen wrote:
>=20
>  Well and good. p28 is the cvsup revision level. My question is how
>  do I find out what is causing the system to crash.

The revision level of what?  Every file has it's own revision level, and
there isn't a global revision number for the whole system.  How are you
getting the p28 number?

> Are there any good articles on this ? should I turn everythinh to
> max log and verbose output ? can I monitor the system ? And can all
> this be done in an eight hour period of time ?

> I like to understand the problem, before upgrading out of it. This
> is the 28th patch of REL ENG 4.3 after all. It should be very stable.

4.3 is two whole major releases ago.  You should be running 4.5, which
you can get by cvsuping using the tag RELENG_4_5_0_RELEASE, or the tag
RELENG_4 if you wish to be at the head of developments on the -stable
branch.

Joe

--c3bfwLpm8qysLVxt

--c3bfwLpm8qysLVxt--