Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2001 13:29:45 +0200 (EET)
From:      Alexander <amour@bugs.elitsat.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPSEC

What is the usual way to create tunnel between 2 gateways ?
I've read some howtos that I found on some bsd sites and there is
said about encrypting already made tunnel but nowhere is said how to
create that tunnel ? (like brining up tun0 devices)
I also found howto about pipsecd but it doesn't work.
Somehow when I compile "options IPSEC" in the kernel the pipsecd doesn't
want to run. It tells me that it can't get SOCK_RAW
And when I remove IPSEC from the kernel it doesn't work propertly.
I configure both sides of the tunnel and run pipsecd and it tells me that
hmac authorization failed. (and the configs on both sides are correct,
keys are correct, I took them from a working howto)
I also read about making tunnel using ppp and encrypting it with ssh but
it sux. There should be other way because there is alot of howtos about
IPSEC and the pipsecd and ppp with ssh  doesn't include it. ( I mean
setting your keys with setkey and running racoon  etc..)