Date:      Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:47:42 +0200
From:      Emanuel Strobl <Emanuel.strobl@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Paul Hamilton <paulh@bdug.org.au>
Subject:   Re: Directory permissions issue taring directories onto a Compact Flashcard

--nextPart1531855.VbHAyep3cE

Am Sonntag, 28. August 2005 15:11 CEST schrieb Paul Hamilton:
> Well, I never really resolved this.  I later tried taring at a sh

Hello Paul, while I'm writing a tar PR I tried to reproduce your problem.=20
Unsuccessfully. It works just fine.
I guess your tar isn't finishing without errors, since permission setting=20
is done after extraction, I can see your problem if I interrupt this=20
command. It the leaves the tree with wrong permissions you described.
Maybe your destination is full?
You have to see where the error occurs, in general it works just fine.

=2DHarry