Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 1997 19:19:39 -0400
From:      "J. Douglas Dunlop" <dunlop@eol.ists.ca>
To:        docs@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, Joseph Stein <joes@joes.users.spiritone.com>
Subject:   Docbook status? [Was Re: some docs...]

At 6:05 pm -0400 7/10/97, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>This is cool, but could I perhaps convince you to make it into a
>tutorial so that we can fold it into our mainline docs?  That would
>require reformatting into Docbook, something which happily isn't
>difficult (it took me about an hour with an existing tutorial to
>figure it all out).
>
>If not, perhaps there would be someone on this list willing to take up
>the challenge?  It's definitely something we need!
>
>Thanks!
>
>					Jordan

Speaking of docbook. Is anybody working on an update to 'sgmlfmt' to let it
automatically split HTML output for docbook books?

Currently 'sgmlfmt' does process docbook books but everything ends up in
one HTML file, which makes it slow to browse.

Also, is anybody working on other docbook transpect files to support other
output file formats such as RTF or latex?

Doug

    ____/  _   /  /  J. Douglas Dunlop                  <dunlop@eol.ists.ca>
   /      /   /  /                                    Earth Observations Lab
   _/    /   /  /                Institute for Space and Terrestrial Science
 /      /   /  /                                    4850 Keele St.,2nd Floor
____/ _____/ _____/  W:416-665-5411                      North York, Ontario
                     H:519-747-1710                          CANADA, M3J-3K1
                     F:416-665-2032
                          http://www.eol.ists.ca/