Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:34:37 -0700
From:      Ted Faber <faber@ISI.EDU>
To:        John Hay <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: pcic pci attachments merged from current

--Q8BnQc91gJZX4vDc

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 06:36:37PM +0200, John Hay wrote:
> Hi Warner,
>
> > I've just merged the pcic pci attachment from current into stable.
> > If you have a PCI cardbus bridge, you will notice two things.
>
> Something that I noticed on a non-pci notebook is that pccardd is ignoring
> the irq settings in /etc/pccard.conf. It even ignores a "-i 11" on the
> commandline. It only "listens" if I do a "-I -i 11" on the commandline.
> When it ignores me it always tries to use irq 15, which doesn't work on
> my machine. The same machine with a system built on July 4th didn't have
> this behaviour. It used the irq settings in /etc/pccard.conf.

I'm seeing this behavior, too, except the lucky winning IRQ is 9, and
even with -I -i 11, pccardd won't put the ethernet on IRQ 11.

The laptop is a Fujitsu Lifebook E-5120, the pcic reports itself as a
<TI PCI-1225 {CI-CardBus Bridge> irq 9 at device 19.0 pci0
It also claims to be operating in <PC CardBus (Classic)>

That's copied by hand, my net is down. :-)

Let me know if there's something I can do to help debug this.

--Q8BnQc91gJZX4vDc

--Q8BnQc91gJZX4vDc--