Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2006 04:03:07 +0000
From:      Dima Dorfman <dd@freebsd.org>
To:        Nik <nikruzhan@gmail.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BGP: can't connect to fd 10 : Can't assign requested address

--Nq2Wo0NMKNjxTN9z

Nik <nikruzhan@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2 router is distribution and 2 router is core. I think to implement IBGP I
> need to run bgp daemon in distribution router (please advise).

You need to run iBGP on every router in the AS that needs to see BGP
routes. Depending on what you're calling a "distribution" router, you
might be able to get away with just using default routes. The main
reason for running BGP on distribution or access routers is if you
want those routers to make best-path decisions or if you have
BGP-speaking customers.

> 2006/04/10 11:12:32 BGP: can't connect to xx.xx.xx fd 10 : Can't assign
> requested address
>=20
> FYI, I try to run IBGP with loopback (lo0), here is my config's file in o=
ne
> of my router;
>=20
>  neighbor OCE-IBGP peer-group
>  neighbor OCE-IBGP remote-as 65478
>  neighbor OCE-IBGP update-source lo0

Do you have a routable address configured on lo0? Even if you do, I
suspect what's happening is that it's choosing 127.0.0.1, which can't
reach the other router. Try this:

  neighbor OCE-IBGP update-source 1.2.3.4

where 1.2.3.4 is a /32 alias on lo0. Obviously all the other routers
need to have host routes for that loopback addresses. The typical
configuration is to carry those loopback routes in an IGP (like OSPF).

--Nq2Wo0NMKNjxTN9z

--Nq2Wo0NMKNjxTN9z--