Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:56:35 -0500
From:      dochawk@psu.edu
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        leblanc@keyslapper.org
Subject:   avoiding the rodent [was: The Stupid Virus going arround. ]

Louis lamented,

>Here  here!  I can't  use  anything  else  without noticing  my  blood
>pressure go up. If I have to  touch that d@#&! mouse more than 5 times
>a day, I get bothered. And I spend a LOT of time on the computer.

I hear you there.  I'm an admitted keystroke whore, which is one of the
reasons I usse LyX rather than LaTeX.

One of my surprises in life is the joy of the stupid red pointer on
ThinkPads.  It took some getting use to, but it means my hands don't
leave the keyboard.  My thumb can reach all three buttons, while my
fingers remain on the keys.

Supposedly we're finally ordering my workstation next week (and this
week, and the week before, and . . .), and I'm definitely getting a
buckiling spring keyboard.  Even though I'm going for an optical 3
button mouse, I'm leaning towards an extra pointer in the keyboard . .
. .

hawk

--
What part of "non-negotiable" didn't you understand? /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700           \ /   against HTML mail