Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 2004 12:49:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rick Berger <rickbsgu@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can't cvsup ports?

Hi, -

Trying to cvsup ports-base (as a start).  I have no ports directory,
as of yet, so this should be a fresh cvs checkout.  My supfile looks
like this:

---------------------
# ports supfile

*default host=cvsup5.freebsd.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_9
*default delete use-rel-suffix

ports-base
----------------------

So, I execute cvsup with a '-g -L2' and it goes through the motions and seems
to think it checked out the collection.  I look under /usr/sup and there's
directory 'ports-base', and there's a checkout file in there with a list of
stuff it thinks it checked out.

But, there's no ports directory when it's done, or anything else.  I've tried
different servers (14 and 15).  I tried to "help it along" by creating a ports
directory, but that didn't matter. I've scoured the disk after it's done (`find
/ -d ports`) and nothing shows.  I've tried several iterations, removing the
/usr/sup/ports-base directory each time (so it presumably starts from scratch.)
 Same non-result.

Note that cvsup seems to work fine with src-all/docs-all.  I also tried
ports-all - no go.

Any idea what's up?

Any info appreciated,
rickb