Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 1998 10:57:15 +0100
From:      Stefan `Sec` Zehl <sec@musin.de>
To:        heinig@hdz-ima.rwth-aachen.de, isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.5 & bisdntest-3

On Tue, Feb 17, 1998 at 03:40:52PM +0100, Gerald Heinig wrote:
> Hi all,

Re-Hi.

> I'm trying to get bisdn-097 to connect to my college connect point which
> uses dynamic IP address assignment. I'm using an AVM Fritz! ISDN card
> which I managed to get patches for and I built a kernel which was able
> to contact my college (many thanks to Wolfgang Helbig here!).

dito.

> Has anyone tried compiling bisdntest-3 (or -2) on a 2.2.5 stable system?

I used bisdn-0.97, bisdntest-3.tar.gz and BISDN-ppp-FreeBSD2.2.tgz

to get isdn(/isdnpppd) running on my 2.2-STABLE box here. I, too had to fix
some rejections, but it works like a charm now. If you want to, you can
mail me directly (in german :-) and I can try to help you.

Unfortunately I'm not 100% sure it handles dynamic assignment correctly,
as we're using static IP's here. But ISTR that it worked correctly
during a mis-configuration where IP's have been assigned dynamically.

CU,
    Sec
--
Komme wieder