Date:      Tue, 20 May 1997 19:49:22 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        Luiz de Barros <luiz@nlink.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 2940 and 2.1.7

>Dear FreeBSD Experts,
>
>I am having problems with Adaptec 2940 PCI SCSI-2 adapter under
>2.1.7-RELEASE. It seems that a hardware driver bug is expontanely
>rebooting our system when we have very high disk load. I think somebody
>made a patch for this. Does anybody know about this patch or if the
>problem is solved in 2.2.1-RELEASE?
>
>Thanks in Advance,
>Luiz

2.1.7R had bugs in the aic7xxx driver.  You can either use CVSup, CTM,
or FTP to obtain newer kernel source for the 2.1 line of releases,
upgrade to 2.2.2-RELEASE, or use CVSup, CTM or ftp to track 2.2-STABLE
in order to get these bug fixes.  2.2.1-RELEASE still had some aic7xxx
related problems.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations