Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2001 20:50:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      jef moskot <jef@math.miami.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Howdy.

I have what (I hope) is a simple mail-related question.

Two departments are sharing one server for purposes of sending e-mail.
Mail to both these departments currently goes to the same server.

Math faculty would like their e-mail addresses to appear as
<username>@math.miami.edu and Computer Science faculty would like their
address to be seen as <username>@cs.miami.edu (although both addresses
ultimately deliever mail to the same place).

This is easy to set up using pine or Netscape, but I can't currently get
it to work with mail.

I have tried altering this info using the ~/.mailrc file, but it has no
effect.  Sample .mailrc file:

set sentmailhostname='cs.miami.edu'
set sentmailusername='jef@cs.miami.edu'
set additionalfields='From:jef@cs.miami.edu'

None of these lines do anything.

Any suggestions (other than just trying to get everyone to use pine)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeffrey Moskot
System Administrator
jef@math.miami.edu