Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 2002 15:43:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>, <kientzle@acm.org>, <current@FreeBSD.org>, <re@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: you need to install a new kernel before an installworld.

IMO it's more a matter of POLA for those upgrading to -current for the
first time. For those that don't realize exactly how different 5.x is,
spelling out the steps of installing device.hints, installing the new
loader, etc. makes their life easier.

This should go on the "Comprehensive guide to updating from source to 5.0"
that I'm sure our trusty release engineers are producing?

--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?