Date:      Wed, 14 May 2008 07:23:57 +0200
From:      "Karl Fischer" <kmf@fischer.org.za>
To:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Feedback "How do I upgrade to GNOME 2.22?" on http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/faq222.html

Hi There,

I was ready through this "How do I upgrade to GNOME 2.22?" on
http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/faq222.html
and noticed something was missing,
Comparing
      # pkg_deinstall -fO gnome-applets\* totem\* gnome-control-center\*
with
      # pkg_delete -f gnome-applets\* totem\* gnome-control-center\*
gnome-keyring-manager\*

I guess it should read : # pkg_deinstall -fO gnome-applets\* totem\*
gnome-control-center\* gnome-keyring-manager\*

This is missing " gnome-keyring-manager\* "

Thanks
Karl

How do I upgrade to GNOME 2.22?

The answer is relatively simple:

   1.

      To build GNOME 2.22, you need to obtain the latest ports tree
skeleton. This is most easily accomplished with portsnap(8) or CVSup.
Simply obtain the latest ports tree, and you are ready to go. Then do
the following:

      # pkgdb -Ff
      # portupgrade -f gstreamer-plugins-good
      # pkg_deinstall -fO gnome-applets\* totem\* gnome-control-center\*
      # portupgrade -aOW

      NOTE: it is recommended to run portupgrade -a to make sure you
get all the necessary ports.

      If you are a portmaster(8) user, make sure you have least 1.9
version. Then do the following:

      # portmaster -a
      # portmaster gstreamer-plugins-good
      # pkg_delete -f gnome-applets\* totem\* gnome-control-center\* \
            gnome-keyring-manager\*
      # portmaster -a

Karl Fischer
"Absence of evidence