Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 1999 14:56:56 +0330 (IRT)
From:      Hossein Mobahi <admin@Alborz.sbu.ac.ir>
To:        freebsd-admin@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Accounting feature of login.conf is forgotten to be invoked ?

Dear friends .
I run FreeBSD 3.1 .
We know that login.conf has some features like authentication and
accounting. and certain programs who are responsible for that feature ,
will read login.conf.db and look for the features that they are supposed
to handle ( They do this search in login.conf.db by login.cap* functions
)
Authentiction features are invoked by login and work perfectly .
But no program is responsible for accounting features of login.conf !

I got it because in documents of login.conf is written "to enable
accounting you should set boolean variable "accounted" " ..
So if we say a program will be responsible for accounting section , it
will use a login_cap* function with a paramter "accounted" ..
Naturally its executable binary must contain this string too .
So I typed "grep -R accounted /*" and got no useful result .
Now my question is :
Is accounting feature of login.conf forgotten ?
What should I do ? I really need the options of login.conf accounting part
like limiting users time per day , or limiting number of sessions that
they can have simultaneously ..
I am an admin and asked to set it up and I am in the strip between live
and death ;-)

Thanks for your answers in advance !!!

P.S I am not subscribed to any of these mailing lists , so if you are
gonna reply , please also send a copy to me : admin@alborz.sbu.ac.ir

Regards

|                Hossein Mobahi <admin@alborz.sbu.ac.ir>                |
|               Server room , 2nd floor , Computer Center               |
|         Shahid Beheshti University , Velenjak , Tehran , IRAN         |
|                       TEL : (+98 21) 240 0417                         |
|                    Web Site : http://www.sbu.ac.ir                    |