Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2006 12:29:38 +0200
From:      Sulev-Madis Silber <madis555@hot.ee>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Too many holes in the physical address space, giving up?

Hello.

I have a machine called DEC Celebris GL 6200 here. 128MB RAM, 200MHz PPro.

When I tried to boot at first 6.1-RELEASE, then 6.2-BETA2 on it, I got
error "Too many holes in the physical address space, giving up" and
can't boot. However, it seems to recognize memory size correctly. Also
passed memtest. I've tried to change BIOS settings, same results. Then,
I tried 4.11-RELEASE... surprisely, works fine.

Has anyone any idea about this issue? Sure, machine is bit old, but is
that all?

Thanks for any comments on this.