Date:      Tue, 03 Apr 2001 18:30:30 +1200
From:      Craig Harding <crh@outpost.co.nz>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Test

Terry Lambert wrote:

> The canonical reason for requiring a reverse address is that there
> are two authorities: the forward address, and the reverse address.

Nice in theory. In this country you can't control the reverses unless
you "own"[1] the IP address, and you can't get any IPs from APNIC unless
you're a service provider and you've got loads of cash. As an end user
it's almost impossible to get an IP I could control the reverse of.

						-- C.

[1] I'm not really allowed to say "own" because officially you don't
"own" IP addresses, you just get to use them.