Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 95 22:58 CDT
From:      uhclem%nemesis@fw.ast.com (Frank Durda IV)
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can you get xcdplayer to play last track?

Has anybody noticed a problem with xcdplayer 2.20 (from 2.0.5 CD)
where it won't play the last track on an audio CD?

For example, I will insert a disc I know has 13 tracks.

Cdplayer will play track 13, including falling into track 13
by doing a "play 12-13".   The "tocentries" command shows 13
tracks, plus the lead-out track.

But get into xcdplayer and it will play tracks 1-12 and then
stop.  If you press STOP and then NEXT TRACK (the icons) until
the display reads "13", then press PLAY, xcdplayer will act like it
be working for a second, then xcdplayer goes to the stopped state.
No audio is heard.

I can't use xcd for a third opinion because it wants a missing
module.  (Possible bug in packages/ports?)

I know it isn't the disc and the problem happens on every multi-track
CD I have.

I can't find a disc I own that has a single audio track, but
I suspect xcdplayer would not play any of it.  A two-track CD
("1. this side" and "2. the other side") I could find can only play track
1 with xcdplayer.

If you are able to play the last track on a CD, please let me know what
model of drive you have, and what type of drive interface it has (SCSI, IDE,
MITSUMI, PANASONIC, SONY, etc).   Hopefully this will let me figure out
where the problem is.

Also, does anybody knows how to make xcdplayer play the disc as a complete
disc (linear), rather than playing track 1, stopping, playing track 2,
stopping, playing track 3, stopping, etc?   This gets pretty annoying on CDs
that bump the track number between movements but audio is still present,
such as between tracks 1 & 2 of Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, and
probably every ELO, Firesign Theatre and live concert disc out there.
If there is no way to do this, I'll look into fixing xcdplayer.  The
hardware supports doing it.

Thanks.

					Frank Durda IV
					uhclem%nemesis@fw.ast.com