Date:      Sat, 9 May 1998 10:37:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      BEAUPRE Antoine <beaupran@JSP.UMontreal.CA>
To:        CharIesFox <CharIesFox@aol.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help me!

Hi, this reply is commented all along...

On Sat, 9 May 1998, CharIesFox wrote:

> I find that the install program for this FreeBSD 2.2.6 is boogling my mind.
> first let me say I started off by spliting up my windows 95 partitioned area
> into two part's one part is 794 megs (The Windows and all the other programs
> from C:\), while the other part is 1054 megs now that's way way larger then I
> need for this linux platform and therefor i'm wasting huge amount's of memory
> on the now standard drive. Second I installed FreeBSD 2.2.6 once from the disc
> which had problems such as the xwindows wont set up properly on any setting
> (which to my utmost disappointment makes me incredible sad) , So I deleted
> that partition

ok...could you make a map out of this? Like:
Windows95: 794Mb
Linux (?):
DOS (?):
FreeBSD: 1054 Mb?

or send me the information shown by fdisk, when you ask for it?

>           and then used fdisk.exe to partition an Extended DOS Partition

Why? FreeBSD can be installed on free space, with a floppy drive!

> then installed useing Setup.exe to install to a dos partition

Sorry for my ignorance, but I don't know this procedure... To my
knowledge, you got to make a boot floppy using the fdimage.exe program.
and then you install it with this floppy.

> but I have no idea how to run the system.

Which system are you talking about, FreeBSD?
Please, be more specific, what is going wrong? Is your computer booting?
is windows starting without asking for freebsd? What is wrong?

>                       Every time I reboot and use the boot disk it takes
> into the install program for installing it to yet another partition,

This is normal. This disk is made to install FreeBSD. If you want to
reconfigure, it's inside the system (/stand/sysinstall).

>                                                          at this
> point I just wanna recombine my partition's and forget this ever was
> attempted.

Hummm.... I still don't understand what is going wrong. I mean, come on,
you got to be more precise!

> I Believe your product is great I believe the Xwindows and windows
> manger's makes it awsome and easy to use, but none of these things will work
> on my computer therefor I have no way to use your product so please help me in
> fixing the mess it has made.

Sorry, I don't understand this either. What mess?

> p.s. this was writen at 3:05am by a tried and frankly frustrated person so
> please excuse mispelling or miscapitialization.

This is not the real matter, the problem is _paragraphs_. Please seperate
your ideas, be more concise.

|  Free the world from businessmen  |
|   Free yourself from your money   |