Date:      Fri, 6 Nov 1998 07:58:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      mwlucas@exceptionet.com
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   *huge* setuid diffs

Folks,

I just got /etc/security mail from two 2.2.6 servers I administer.  The
setuid diffs list every setuid program on the server as having been removed
and replaced.

We haven't done a make world.  We haven't touched much of anything.

Is this normal, or should I be worried?

Both are running a very recent apache 1.2, sshd, ftpd.  One is running
apache-SSL, the other runs named and Merit radiusd.

Thanks,
Michael

--
Michael Lucas			|