Date:      Mon, 4 Feb 2002 13:10:13 -0600
From:      Dave Johnson <dbj@cs.rice.edu>
To:        John Utz <john@utzweb.net>
Cc:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>, Abdul Basit <basit@basit.cc>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CMU monarch

The reason the code doesn't work on FreeBSD 4.5 is that we have not
been using the code ourselves recently and have not updated the
implementation.  I believe the last version of FreeBSD we used it on
was 2.2.8.  If anyone is interested in porting it to a more recent
FreeBSD, though, we'd be happy to see that and could roll those
patches into the main distribution.

By the way, the Monarch Project has moved from CMU to Rice University,
since I moved from CMU's faculty to Rice's in 2000.  We still have
some electronic presence at CMU (such as the old web page), but the
people and all our research are all at Rice now.  The new location of
the web page is at

    http://www.monarch.cs.rice.edu/

Most of our research currently is in multihop wireless ad hoc
networking rather than in Mobile IP, but we are still interested in
the Mobile IP implementation if someone is porting it to a more
recent version of FreeBSD.

					Dave

--
David B. Johnson, Associate Professor
of Computer Science and Electrical and Computer Engineering