Date:      Fri, 4 Sep 2015 09:06:58 -0700
From:      Dieter BSD <dieterbsd@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCIe to USB to PCIe

A very small PCIe x1 card with USB 3.0 controller, a USB cable,
and a small pcb with a PCIe x16 slot.  Intended to allow using
x16 video cards with x1 slots, and reducing power/space/cooling
demands on mainboard.

Claim: "No Driver necessary"

Can these things possibly work?

If they do, it seems to me that this would be a great way to
add additional general purpose PCIe slots to any computer that has
USB ports, which nearly all do these days.  If no driver is needed,
they should work with any OS.  Obviously there is a speed limitation,
but many applications can live with that.

Sounds too good to be true.  Am I missing something?

http://kaishijia.en.alibaba.com/product/1869213364-221855851/PCIE_PCI_E_Riser_Card_to_USB3_0_and_SATA_Power_Cable_with_PCB_Board_for_Bitcoin_Machine.html

More here:
http://kaishijia.en.alibaba.com/productgrouplist-221855851/Bitcoin_Mining_cables.html