Date:      Tue, 22 May 2001 14:22:37 -0700
From:      Sean Chittenden <sean-freebsd-stable@chittenden.org>
To:        Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Continuing ahc problems - also cause fxp failure

--E0LdhqWfziiBVv4P

	Try this: rewind back in time and install a copy of 4.1 or
something like that.  If the problem is less frequent, then you may be
right.  If the crashing doesn't change, then suspect hardware.  I push
_tons_ of traffic over almost the exact hardware and haven't had any
troubles, that's why I'm a skeptic of the hardware.  ;~) -sc

> :	I think your motherboard or CPU is dead.  I've seen this
> :behavior before and my conclusion was a combination of heat and bad
> :hardware.  <:~) -sc
>    =20
>     It seems unlikely.  The Dell 2400 is housed in a well ventilated
>     room connected to the building's AC.  It never gets hot in there,
>     and the problems seem related to heavy disk and network activity,
>     and the FreeBSD OS rev, not heat.  Still, I suppose it's possible.
>=20
>     I'm going to try updating the BIOS tonight but it's a long shot.
>=20
> 					-Matt

--=20
Sean Chittenden