Date:      Sat, 13 Jul 2002 21:56:36 +1000
From:      Stanley Hopcroft <Stanley.Hopcroft@IPAustralia.Gov.AU>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How do I define a sendmail mailer in FreeBSD 4.6 (adding m4 to sendmail/cf/mailer doesn't do it) ?

Dear Sir,

I am writing to thank you very much for your help in this matter.

On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 12:01:23PM +0100, Matthew Seaman wrote:

> If you generate your sms.m4 file as before and save it into
> /usr/share/sendmail/cf/mailer/ --- I take that you do have the
>
>     PUSHDIVERT(-1)

Yes.

.... snip ....

>     cd /etc/mail
>     make freebsd.cf

The 'make freebsd.cf' is the stumbling block/reason to jump out of the
bath.

OTOH 'make cf' produces a $hostname.cf file that does __not__ have the
mailer definition in it.

The files generated by 'make freebsd.cf' and 'make cf' are identical
(except for the banners and a few blank lines), but the former one has
the mailer at the bottom,

The $hostname.mc is being created from freebsd.mc but without copying
the mailer(sms) macro.

Kick kick pound biff ! The $hostname.mc file is not being updated
from freebsd.mc because it exists.

rm $hostname.mc
make cf
# works like a champ