Date:      Sun, 06 Jun 1999 10:46:57 +0800
From:      Foxfair Hu <foxfair@news.ks.edu.tw>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: pccard boot.flp for *plain* 3.2-RELEASE

In Sun Jun  6 00:32:29 1999, hosokawa@itc.keio.ac.jp said:
[.......]
:AFAIK, Big5 means a coding system only for traditional Chinese widely
:used in Taiwan and Hong-Kong.
:EUC-jp (Japanese), EUC-kr (Korean), and Big5 (Traditional Chinese)
:occupies almost similar area in 16bit space.  Our code can handle
:these three coding systems and maybe GBK (Simplified Chinese) coding
:system.  I believe that our code also can handle ISO-8859-1 Latin
:charsets.  I can prepare French, German, and many European boot.flp if
:there are translators for these languages.
:The messages and help/document files of 3.2-RELEASE have already been
:translated into Korean and are translating into Japanese.  We need
:translator and maintainer of Chinese messages.

  Count me in, I know there was a folk(maybe  jdli@csie.nctu.edu.tw) had
  hacked the source under http://wing-yee.ntc.keio.ac.jp/hosokawa/FreeBSD-boot/
  and make 2.2.5-RELEASE have a chinese boot.flp. But jdli seems to have
  no free time to spend on this anymore :<  I think I can take it.

Cheers,

-Foxfair.