Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2001 01:01:31 UTC
From:      Wayne Ringling <wayne@tbnets.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question on raid during setup of freebsd 4.4

 I want to change my nids box to run freebsd.  I normally use Linux and
run several servers running SuSE and Gentoo linux in various configs.
 In the past I have either setup the raid when I formatted the box
during install or after install by hand.  I have noticed that FreeBSD
handles raid much differently than Linux does.  I have queried FreeBsd
and raid on google and got a few links back but my question is.  Does
the installer allow raid volumes to be setup during the install.  I want
to run 4.4 with snort and demarc.  Any othe pointers greatly
apprecaited.

Wayne R