Date:      Sun, 27 Mar 2016 22:11:06 -0700
From:      Paul Beard <paulbeard@gmail.com>
To:        Koop Mast <kwm@rainbow-runner.nl>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkg issues: files not registered as installed, breaks pkg check

On Mar 25, 2016, at 2:02 AM, Koop Mast <kwm@rainbow-runner.nl> wrote:

> This doesn't make sense, since graphics/gtk-update-icon-cache has
> USE_GNOME=gdk-pixbuf2. So gdk-pixbuf2 should be always be there.

I thought I had tried this before but tonight I deinstalled gdk-pixbuf2
and then ran pkg check -Bdrs. It noted the missing dependency and
offered to fix it. A re-run of pkg check -Bdrs shows the all clear.

gtk and gutenprint-cups were updated tonight so maybe that triggered
something.

Checking all packages: 100%
gtk-update-icon-cache has a missing dependency: gdk-pixbuf2
gtk-update-icon-cache has require a missing libraries:
libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0
gtk2 has a missing dependency: gdk-pixbuf2
gtk2 has require a missing libraries: libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0
gutenprint-base has require a missing libraries: libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0

>>> Missing package dependencies were detected.
>>> Found 1 issue(s) in the package database.

The following packages will be installed:

New packages to be INSTALLED:
	gdk-pixbuf2: 2.32.3

The process will require 3 MiB more space.
466 KiB to be downloaded.

>>> Try to fix the missing dependencies? [y/N]: y
Fetching gdk-pixbuf2-2.32.3.txz: 100%  466 KiB 159.2kB/s    00:03
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
Installing gdk-pixbuf2-2.32.3...
Extracting gdk-pixbuf2-2.32.3: 100%
>>> Summary of actions performed:

gdk-pixbuf2 dependency has been fixed

>>> Missing dependencies were fixed successfully.
[root@www /usr/ports/graphics/gdk-pixbuf2]# pkg check -Bdrs
Checking all packages: 100%