Date:      Sat, 30 Dec 1995 21:25:32 -0600 (CST)
From:      Kent Hamilton <kenth@HNS.St-Louis.Mo.US>
To:        james@else.net (James FitzGibbon)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATAPI CD-ROM?

> Can someone who has their ATAPI cd-rom working with current please post
> the wdc and wcd clippings of a -v boot here?
>
> I get the wcd pickup, but absolutely nothing about the cd-rom.  It's
> hookup up correctly, as the drive works just fine under OS/2.

Are you trying to use it as a lkm or built static in the kernel?

The static build has been broken up until yesterday and it was fixed
last night by Soren Schmidt.  I've been getting panics when trying
to use it as a lkm for a week or two now.   I reported it a few
days ago on this list.

Building it in the kernel is working now though, here's what I get
out of a -v boot.

wdc1 at 0x170-0x177 irq 15 on isa
wdc1: unit 0 (atapi): <FX001DE/B05>, removable, intr, iordis
wcd0: 689Kb/sec, 256Kb cache, audio play, 255 volume levels, ejectable tray
wcd0: door open, unlocked

--
Kent Hamilton                               Work:  KHamilton@Hunter.COM