Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 1995 20:13:30 +0100 (BST)
From:      T.A.Hogg@qmw.ac.uk (T.A.Hogg)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Ethercards & IP forwarding

We've just put up a FreeBSD machine with two ethernet cards, which will
become a firewall & have 2 questions.

1. How do you turn off IP forwarding between the two cards?

2. The machine we are using has an EISA bus so we would like to use EISA
ethernet cards, as these don't have the same port addresses as ISA cards we
need to use settings other than those built in to BSD as we have downloaded it.
How do I change the port address to something like 6000 or 7000 and the
IRQs to 9 and 10 so they don't conflict with my other IO ports.
Incidently we're rather new to unix on a PC architecture and I'm rather new
to installing unix.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tim Hogg
 Email: T.A.Hogg@qmw.ac.uk      Network support       Vox:  +44 171 975-5361
 Fax:   +44 171 775-3221                                    +44 171 775-3244

           Constants aren't, Variables won't, Protected mode isn't.