Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2002 22:26:42 +0100 (CET)
From:      freebsd-isdn@oldach.net (Helge Oldach)
To:        Martin.Kraemer@Fujitsu-Siemens.com (Martin Kraemer)
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISDN4BSD not ready for prime time in 4.5-RC ?

Martin Kraemer:
> Jan 15 15:55:24 deejai2 /kernel: i4b-L2 i4b_mph_status_ind: unit 0, persistent deactivation!

This is likely the major point of trouble. Layer 1 is dead on the link
and cannot be activated by your terminal device. Most likely this is a
wiring problem, or your ISDN provider has deactivated your circuit due
to excessive testing and playing-aroung. (Yes, I am serious with the
second alternative. Seen that before several times.) Might also be that
your ISDN card is broken.

Helge