Date:      Mon, 15 Sep 1997 15:22:33 +0200
From:      Pierre.Beyssac@hsc.fr (Pierre Beyssac)
To:        darrenr@cyber.com.au (Darren Reed)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I20 to cause problems for linux et al. (fwd)

According to Darren Reed:
[ I20 ]
> > of hefty licence fees. Furthermore, developers have to promise not to release any
> > information on this interface, nor any source code for any drivers that they develop

The following Wired article :

        http://www.wired.com/news/news/technology/story/5343.html

_had_ a link to a draft (V1.5) of their specs (on the FTP server of the
consortium itself). It used to be publicly accessible when Wired
issued the story, by end July: it is a nice 2Mb PDF document and
I downloaded it out of curiosity. [ The link from Wired was removed
apparently around August 1st ]

-rw-r--r--   1 pb       staff     1968945 Jul 22 01:37 ver1-5.pdf

I didn't keep the URL but I doubt it still is accessible now without
being a member (I'm not).

A search for "ver1-5.pdf" on Altavista yields the following, among
others:
        http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~mitz/

which has a link to the document:
        http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/ver1-5.pdf

Note that only I2O members have to comply with their stupid requirements
regarding driver source code distribution.
--
Pierre.Beyssac@hsc.fr