Date:      Sun, 12 Jul 2015 20:55:50 -0700
From:      Carl Johnson <carlj@peak.org>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   RPi won't boot 10.2-BETA1

I just tried to boot 10.2-BETA1 from a SD card, but it gives me a few
lines of messages, including 'unrecognized filesystem type'.  I have
been running Linux on it and had run FreeBSD 10-STABLE from back in
January, so the Pi is running.

I programmed the card from Linux using dd, and had already verified the
checksum.  I verified that the FAT and UFS partitions appear valid on
the card, so I must be overlooking something.  The following are the
messages on the screen when the system halted:

In:     serial
Out:    lcd
Err:    lcd
mbox: Timeout waiting for response
bcm2835: Could not set USB power state
Net:    Net Initialization Skipped
No ethernet found.
** Unrecognized filesystem type **
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
Booting from: mmc 0 ubldr
** Unrecognized filesystem type **
U-Boot>

Does anybody see what I am missing here?  Thanks for any suggestions.

--
Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org