Date:      Sat, 23 Oct 1999 15:49:02 +1000 (EST)
From:      Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   ahc (2940UW) driver in 3.3

Some time ago I reported corruption using 2.2.8 with an DDRS-39130
connected to a 2940UW.  I've done some testing today with 3.3, on
a totally different box, with a brand new scsi cable (never before
used).  Still I see corruption.  It's not in the same place every
time.  My test involves dd'ing /dev/zero to create a 300MB file and
then outputting that file in hex, looking for non-zero bytes.  What
surprised me was it even passed a couple of times.

Before I go blaming the drive, can anyone categorically confirm that
parity is enabled and enforced in the FreeBSD driver for the 7880 ?

For example, has anyone actually seen evidence that it handles parity
errors ?

Darren