Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 1995 23:07:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      bah6f@server.cs.virginia.edu
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -current kernel not compiling

Chuck Robey writes:
->
-> On Tue, 14 Nov 1995 bah6f@server.cs.virginia.edu wrote:
->
-> > I just sup'ed the latest -current, and now my kernel won't compile:
-> > ../../i386/scsi/aic7xxx.h:220: conflicting types for `ahcintr'
-> > ./ioconf.h:13: previous declaration of `ahcintr'
-> > ../../i386/scsi/aic7xxx.h:220: warning: redundant redeclaration of
[...snip...]
-> I just got hit with the same thing.  Justin Gibbs explained to me that
-> the ahc driver is now classed as an EISA device, because it uses an EISA
-> register to identify itself, so you need to add one line to your config
->
-> controller      eisa0
->
-> and change your ahc line to look like:
->
-> controller      ahc0

In my particular case, I'm using the PCI version of the card, so I
added  "controller ahc1" and I'm all set.

Thanks to all those who responded.

Paco
--
Brian "Paco" Hope              Research Assistant, Technical Support Staff
email: paco@virginia.edu                    Department of Computer Science