Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 1999 01:41:20 -0500
From:      Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   "Fast forward" bug and newpcm (again)

Yes, I DO have the bridge drivers in my kernel config files, and
I still get the "fast forward" effect with my ESS 1868.  My guess
is that it's just a bug with the ESS 1868 driver, I don't know.
Maybe my ordering is wrong?  I've had the sbc driver for the ESS
ever since the bridge drivers came out.  And people want to
accuse me of not paying attention.

Here's an excerpt from my kernel config:

device          sbc0
device          pcm0

See that, I clearly have the bridge driver in my kernel config.
Now, the question is, do I use the Sound Blaster bridge driver
for the ESS 1868?  And, is my ordering wrong?

Actually, I've had the "Fast forward" bug with -current since the
beginning of Oct.  Maybe it's a thing with the ESS 1868, I don't
know.  But I did in fact have the bridge drivers in my config
file, and compiled/installed the kernel with the sbc bridge
driver.

One person mentioned that the ESS doesn't want to work unless
it's in mss mode (instead of SB compatibility mode).

- Donn