Date:      Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:27:28 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@acadia.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Nimda....suggestions for minimising impact?

Well, Apache::CodeRed isn't mine.  It was written by Reuven Lerner,
and can be found on CPAN.

I have modified it to ensure that the parent domain abuse address is
added to the remote report list.  I will try to put a quick patch
together for that today or tomorrow.

I have also created a modified version that deals more directly with
the Nimda virus.  I have one hurdle with the Apache LocationMatch
expression, then I think it can be released.

I have a couple things left to try.  If they work, I'll make it
available immediately.  If not, I'll make it available by the end of
the day on Saturday.

Keep in mind that Apache::CodeRed was written with a Linux mindset and
I am unaware that it has been wrapped into a FreeBSD port (maybe I
should learn to do that).  As a result, the dependencies are not
handled automatically.

If I manage to get one module wrapped into a port, the other will be
trivial.

Don't hold your breath for the port - I'd definitely like to do it,
but time is an issue.

Stay tuned.
Lou

On 09/27/01 09:51 PM, Kory Hamzeh sat at the `puter and typed:

--
Louis LeBlanc       leblanc@acadia.ne.mediaone.net
http://acadia.ne.mediaone.net                 ԿԬ

Matz's Law:
  A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.