Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:56:41 +0100
From:      Sam Eaton <sam@fqdn.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bge/bce support for another Dell card

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 10:43:24AM +0100, Dermot Williams wrote:

> I second that request. I've been having a mare of a time with a 1950
> and the BCE drivers. I get hardware lockups on the NICs that only seem
> to be triggered by NFS - or, rather, NFS triggers them reliably. I've
> upgrade the machines to -CURRENT (which iterates the if_bce.c file
> from version 1.2.2.x to 1.8) and the problem is still there. I'd be
> interested in getting hold of these updated drivers that you have so
> that I can see whether or not my problem is fixed.

I'll add a 'me too' here - over in stable and hardware I've reported
exactly the same problems with the 1950 and NFS traffic.  I've been
unable to find a solution (in fact we've given up and given the machine
back to dell).

Sam.
--
"Fortified with Essential Bitterness and Sarcasm"
    Matt Groening, "Binky's Guide to Love".