Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2018 00:22:02 -0600
From:      Scott Bennett <bennett@sdf.org>
To:        tech-lists@zyxst.net
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: why does buildworld fail on stable/11 ?

tech-lists <tech-lists@zyxst.net> wrote:

> On 24/01/2018 08:51, Scott Bennett wrote:
> > hellas#	mv /etc/make.conf{,.save}
> > hellas#	mv /etc/src.conf{,.save}
> > hellas#	cd /usr/src
> > hellas#	make cleandir
> > "/usr/src/share/mk/local.sys.mk", line 51: Malformed conditional (${.MAKE.MODE:Mmeta*} != "")
> > "/usr/src/share/mk/local.sys.mk", line 58: Malformed conditional (${.MAKE.MODE:Mnofilemon} == "")
> > "/usr/src/share/mk/local.sys.mk", line 76: if-less else
> > "/usr/src/share/mk/local.sys.mk", line 79: if-less endif
> > "/usr/src/share/mk/sys.mk", line 476: if-less endif
> > bmake: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
> > *** Error code 1
>
> Move the /usr/src somewhere else, make a new /usr/src dir and then
>
> svnlite co https://svn.FreeBSD.org/base/stable/11 /usr/src
>
> make sure it completes normally
>
> then cd into it and make cleandir. What happens?

     Before I do that, please answer my earlier question regarding svnlite
vs. svn.  The make is failing on a clean checkout of /usr/src, as I stated
before.  The only difference is that I used svn to do the checkout, not
svnlite.  If they give identical checkout output, then repeating that rather
lengthy download would give an identical result and thus would serve no
purpose.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG
* Internet:   bennett at sdf.org   *xor*   bennett at freeshell.org  *