Date:      Sat, 1 Jul 1995 09:45:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Everett F Batey WA6CRE <efb@suned1.Nswses.Navy.Mil>
To:        questions@freeBSD.org
Subject:   FAQ, README Upgrade, non-destructive and volunteer

Folks,

Have alas gotten X11 to work, albeit poorly (cockpit), on my 486-66 with
my ill documented S3 and an unknown SuperCOM SV1485 monitor.

UPGRADE SAFETY: If I get and install the 2.0.5 NewCDROM .. will I lose all
my installed users and efforts to install external ports .. I am used at
the worst with SunOS to be able to do a "preserve" and have most of my
post- delivery add on work left at least as a .FCS file.  Is there any
hope I can upgrade and not have to redo all this ..

Alternately is there a list of all the over-writable files to archive ?
Kermit-net is my best connection just now .. thanks for any help.

VOLUNTEER: I would also be interested in doing some work for FreeBSD if I
could help with a project that might get a higher comfort level with BSD
in the K12 educators.  I am currently putting my school district,
www.oxnardsd.org, on the internet and hope to park a Unmix server on 15
campuses.

This is monumental when you try to get the Unix phobia out of 15 to 100
adult educator-a-saurs.

Thanks for any tips on where I can play in .. do a little perl and been
hooking folks to the Internet for several years.  /Ev/

 + efb@suned1.nswses.Navy.MIL efb@gcpacix.cotdazr.org efb@uvsi.jpl.nasa.gov +
 + efb@nosc.mil  efb@oxnardsd.org   Gold Coast Sun Users   [EFB15]   WA6CRE +
 + The Genie is Out of the Bottle!  http://halide.acs.uci.edu/GCSUG User Gp +
 + Opinions, MINE, NOT Uncle_s  | innd http://www.oxnardsd.org/  email  DNS +