Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 2000 13:53:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Allen Lu <allenklu@yahoo.com>
To:        "Jim C. Nasby" <jim@nasby.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: possible bug on NATD in 4.0

In my previous question, I couldn't find the 4.0-stable branch anymore so I
went with the 4.0-release. In the 4.0 release I had everything set exactly as
the 3.4 version but natd did not do anything.

Someone else had replied to be that natd on his system has been running for
years without the lines in /etc/natd.conf. But was that 4.0 also?

Regardless, natd instantly worked when I put the two lines into /etc/natd.conf
in addition to what I have for 3.4-stable.

Natd had never worked for me on two different hardware without the extra lines.
I had initially thought it was my hardware but they came out the same. I'm only
using natd for all regular internet services, www, telnet, ftp, etc.

Allen